Shadows In The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadows In The Light

SITL (Shadows in the Light) has a complex story. It is about 2 packs, intent on destroying one another. The wolves in each pack are trained from an early age to carry messages, fight and things of that nature.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roaming...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dawncloud
Dawncloud

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Roaming... Empty
PostSubject: Roaming...   Roaming... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 4:08 pm

Dawncloud wandered over to a hollow tree. She could smell squirrels inside. She decided not to bother them, so she continued on her way. 'Theres not much to do around here...' She thinks to herself. 'Guess I'll just go to the stream...' She could smell the damp scent of a small stream that cuts through the forest here. She reached the stream and sat down on her haunches, feeling the cool breeze blow through her fur.
Back to top Go down
http://wildwolfrp.aforumfree.com/index.htm
Leafpool
Admin
Leafpool

Number of posts : 80

Roaming... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roaming...   Roaming... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:15 pm

Leafpool had woken up that morning felling refreshed and revived. Feeling bored, she decided to wander through the mountain range that bordered her packs territory. The bright sunshine filtering through the tree-tops made her well-groomed light brown pelt gleam. Black stripes of shadow cut through the sunshine and made Leafpool look like a tiger. Nearing a stream, Leafpool noticed that her stomach was a bit off. It must be a tough piece of fresh-kill caught in my belly from last night...she though.

Aware of her surroundings, Leafpool realized that she was almost wading into a rather large stream. It was probably 6 feet across, from the looks of it. Thinking of what she could eat for bellyache, Leafpool chose to find some juniper berries. Leafpool turned around and began searching through the undergrowth for a juniper berry bush. Eyeing one not far from where she was standing, Leafpool loped over to it. Thinking that it wasn't a serious bellyache, Leafpool only picked 4 berries and ate them. Leafpool laid down on the carpet of moss and ferns and waited for her stomach to stop gurgling.

A few minutes passed, and Leafpool was fine. She trotted back to the stream and leaped gracefully into the water. Leafpool ducked underneath the surface and began paddling. When her lungs were screaming for want of air, she dove back to the surface. Leafpool climbed out of the stream and shook her beautiful pelt vigorously.

Noticing for the first time that another wolf was sitting beside the stream, Leafpool trotted over and put on a bright smile. Then she recognized this wolf. It was Dawncloud, one of the warriors in her pack. "Hello, Dawncloud. I didn't see you at the camp. Where were you? I'm just curious." Leafpool looked expectantly at the she-wolf.

Last edited by Leafpool on Sun May 04, 2008 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.z15.invisionfree.com/The_Lost_Forest/
Dawncloud
Dawncloud

Roaming... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roaming...   Roaming... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:43 pm

Dawncloud turned her head towards the new-comer. She realised that it was Leafpool-the healer of her pack. "Oh, hello Leafpool," she replied. "I was just exploring the mountain side." She returned Leafpool's bright smile with one of her own. She remembered in her pup-day's how her smile would win some extra snacks off of some of the older wolves. She grinned inward at the thought of old times.

Last edited by WindSong on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leafpool
Admin
Leafpool

Roaming... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roaming...   Roaming... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:04 am

Leafpool sat down adjacent the stream and stared at the clear, blue sky. Heaving a sigh, Leafpool laid down and listened to Dawncloud answer the question. "Oh, I see. It is beautiful up here." But Leafpool was confused. If Belleheart had been up her all yesterday and all night, she couldn't be very healthy. There was a greencough virus going around, and Dawncloud could have contracted it. "Dawncloud, I have a few questions for you. Don't be worried, but there is a greencough virus going around. Is your chest tight, or do you have a sore throat? Anything along those lines?"

Just in case Dawncloud started to show signs of greencough, Leafpool looked around to see if she could spot any mint growing around the stream. Not mints natural habitat, but you never know. Plants have a weird way of being wherever you need them to be. Leafpool waited for Dawncloud to answer and continued looking around, searching for mint.

Last edited by Leafpool on Sun May 04, 2008 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dawncloud
Dawncloud

Roaming... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roaming...   Roaming... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:49 pm

Dawncloud cocked her head slightly to the question, then swallowed, "Well... My throat does hurt a little..." she admitted. "I don't feel anything in my chest, but ever since I woke up this morning my throat has hurt a little." She saw Leafpool looking around, probably in search of the right herbs, she thought. Dawncloud was never good with what herbs cure what, but she did know a few herbs that cured a stomachache.
Back to top Go down
Leafpool
Admin
Leafpool

Roaming... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roaming...   Roaming... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 6:14 am

Leafpool heard dawncloud's answer and jumped up. Greencough is deadly, and the very first symptoms was a slight sore throat. "Dawncloud, stay here!" Leafpool dashed away from the stream, sniffing wildly as the forest and mountains flashed by. Her beautiful pelt of browns melted into the background. Leafpool slowed down, wary of predators. Then she put her slender muzzle to the ground, searching for some mint. The possibilities of finding some were slim, but she didn't have time to go back to her den and get some out of her storage. As Leafpool ran, the deadly virus could be surging through Dawncloud's veins, and Leafpool would repeatedly blame herself if she could not save her.

Leafpool burst into a clearing, scaring a rabbit, who bounded away. Leafpool raced after it, relieved. Clearings was where mint usually grew, and the rabbit would keep Dawncloud's strength up. Leafpool was on the rabbit's heels, and with a single bound and a snap of jaws, the rabbit was hanging limply from her razor sharp teeth. Leafpool set the rabbit down and sniffed around for some mint. Inhaling the sweet scent, Leafpool tracked the fragrance to it's source. She heaved a sigh of relief at the sight of the useful herb.

Leafpool craned her head to the side and nipped a few plants up by the stalk. With the mint in her mouth, Leafpool trotted back to the rabbit carcass and picked it up, dropping a few stalks of the herb from her mouth in the process. When she had settled both things in her maw, Leafpool took off, following her scent trail back to Dawncloud. When she reached the young warrior, Leafpool dropped both the rabbit and the mint at her paws and ordered Dawncloud to eat everything. "Dawncloud, the first symptom of greencough is a slight sore throat. Just in case, I want you to eat the mint to ward the virus off, and the rabbit to keep up your strength." Leafpool sat down and waited for Dawncloud to eat.

Last edited by Leafpool on Sun May 04, 2008 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dawncloud
Dawncloud

Roaming... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roaming...   Roaming... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:02 am

Dawncloud was shocked at how quickly Leafpool gathered her supplies. She knew so much about herbs that Dawncloud did not. She lowered her head and picked up the mint herbs in her jaw. She chewed slowly, as it was a bit bitter, and swallowed them. After the mint was gone, she looked down at the rabbit Leafpool had gotten for her, "Thank you," she said to the wise wolf. She began tearing into the flank of the rabbit and ate her fill. After she was done, she looked back to the rabbit. There was still a lot left. Dawncloud never did have much of an appetite, she never really ate much. She sit on her haunches, still tasting the flavor of mint on her tongue.
Back to top Go down
Leafpool
Admin
Leafpool

Roaming... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roaming...   Roaming... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:00 pm

OOC: I just posted a new rule. Posts now have to be at least 2 paragraphs now. I realized that this site was for beginners, and I think everyone here can do better than we have been.

IC: Post coming soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roaming... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roaming...   Roaming... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roaming...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadows In The Light :: The Lenosa Mountain Pack :: Mountain Range-
Jump to: