Shadows In The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadows In The Light

SITL (Shadows in the Light) has a complex story. It is about 2 packs, intent on destroying one another. The wolves in each pack are trained from an early age to carry messages, fight and things of that nature.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Silvermist
Silvermist

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:29 am

Silvermist padded through the undergrowth of the forest, weaving between trees but keeping her stride equal. She knew that her mate was following, so there was no need to look back. She thought about what happened before she left camp; the odd return of Diesel. She couldn't believe Deisel had come back just then. She shook her head to rid herself of the thought and concentrated on hunting, and most importantly, Silvermoon.

Silvermist continued walking through the forest until she found a rabbit. She thought back to the time yesterday when she had almost caught that rabbit, but it had gotten away. She made sure to be extra careful this time. She crouched low to the ground, hiding in the thickest undergrowth she could find nearby. She watched the rabbit until it lowered its head again and turned its back away from her. She slowly crept forward, her pawsteps barely audible, then she sprang, dashing out of the bushes like a silver rocket. She easily caught up to it and delivered the final killing blow to its neck, ending its life quickly with her sharp fangs.

She raised her head, her catch dangaling from her mouth and turned back to Silvermoon. She dropped her catch beside him. "How was that?" she asked happily.
Back to top Go down
Silvermoon

Silvermoon

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:10 pm

Silvermoon Followed Slivermists every step. he was trying to focus on what was going on but Diesel's apperance worried him abit he wanted to ask why he was gone for so long, what happened on his trip. but he soon move the thoughts to the back of his mind, this was not the time to be worrying about that. Now he would focus on what was most important to him, Silvermist.

Slivermoon followed Silvermist until he saw her crouch to the ground. he stopped and looked where she was. what he was a rabbit, he decide not to get involved with this catch he knew she lost a rabbit and thought she would want to get this on her self. he lowered himself to the ground and watched as she stalked the rabbit.

Silvermoon stood back up as Silvermist walked back to him "that was great Silvermist"
Back to top Go down
Silvermist
Silvermist

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:18 pm

Silvermist smiled at him. "Lets keep looking, I'll take the rabbit with us." Shelowered her head and picked up the rabbit again. She turned and started padding off through the forest again. She began to get frustrated as her search remained fruitless, until she came across a noise; some twigs being broken. It was close by, too. She tensed, ready to attack if it was an enemy. But what she saw only made her mouth water; the sight of a doe, and it was alone.

Silvermist placed her rabbit on the ground in front of her delicately, trying not to make too much sound. She flicked her tail back toward Silvermoon, telling him that there was prey up ahead. She turned around to him. "You get tht one, its your turn." she whispered. "It should be easy to take down; seeing as its alone."
Back to top Go down
Silvermoon

Silvermoon

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:56 am

Silvermoon nodded his head in agreement and followed Silvermist through the forest. after walking for a time he could sense her frustration, since she caught the rabbit they have been unable to find any more prey. his ears twiched at the sound of twigs snapping, he lowered himself into a fighting postionand looked ready to attack if he need to. he looked up towards Silvermist and saw that she was letting him know prey was ahead.

Silvermoon walked up to Silvermist " alright i'll get this one this should be enough to feed all of us" he whispered back. He crepted passed Slivermist making his way closer to the doe, he slow made his way behind the doe carefull not to make in sound. suddenly a bird that was close by alarted the doe with a loud chirp and it took off into the undergrowth.

Silvermoon growed to himself and padded back to Silvermist " i'm sorry guess i let that one get away"
Back to top Go down
Silvermist
Silvermist

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 3:30 pm

Silvermist was about to dash out and help Silvermoon with the hunt, but she flinched as a bird overhead called out a warning, sending the deer running through the forest. Silvermist sighed and stood up, not needing to hide anymore since the prey was gone, and she padded over to meet Silvermoon.

She nudged his shoulder playfully and dropped her rabbit on the ground. "Its alright, its not your fault." She smiled at him, then looked around. They wouldn't be able to catch anymore prey now that the bird had alarmed everyone in the forest. She looked down at her rabbit, its fur looked so soft. She lowered her head and ran her nose through the soft fur on its back. "This would make perfect bedding for a mother in the nursery..." she mumbled to herself. Suddenly realizing what she had said, she looked into Silvermoon's eyes, blushed, and turned away to look in the other direction. They just became mates, theres no way he would want to have pups alredy, she told herself, still blushing and embarrased.
Back to top Go down
Silvermoon

Silvermoon

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:00 pm

Silvermoon sighed and looked around. "yeah i guess it wasn't, but it doesn't look like we will catch anything else around here and if we bring back just one rabbit we will have to listen to Diesel compline. not something i'm looking forward too." he noticed Slivermist staring at the rabbit so he looked at it to tring to see what she saw.

Slivermoon heard Slivermist talking about how the rabbits fur would good bedding for a nursery. he looked into her eyes as she looked into his but before he could say anything she quickly turned around. he was surpised a little at first at first be he smiled and walked next to Silvermist and nuzzled her.
Back to top Go down
Silvermist
Silvermist

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:09 pm

Silvermist knew he was right, Diesel told them to bring back enough food for everyone. One rabbit would't feed the whole Pack, so they had to keep looking for food. Another bird called over head, but it was far off. It seemed to be having the best day, the way it was singing.

Silvermist was still looking the other direction, still blushing, when she felt Silvermoon beside her. She turned back to him and nuzzled him also, then looked into his eyes once more. She could see strength and courage in those eyes. His beautiful deep amber eyes. She couldn't help but smile at him. "I..," she began, but didn't know how to finish. She knew that Silvermoon would be a great father, he would protect their pups forever, but... she just didn't know if he wanted any.
Back to top Go down
Silvermoon

Silvermoon

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Slivermoon nuzzled her and licked he muzzle he knew this would come up sooner or later. he always thought about what it would be like to be a father, he wasn't sure if he was ready to become a father be he could feel Silvermist confidence in him. that made him feel like he could father pups of his own. "Silvermist if you think we are ready for them, i can think of no other wolf i would have my pups with."
Back to top Go down
Silvermist
Silvermist

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:41 pm

Silvermist blushed, she thought the same too. "I think we are," she replied. "I know we'll be good parents." She licked his muzzle gently, smiled, and walked away, flicking her tail over his head playfully. She had forgotten about the rabbit, but they'd get it when they came back.

(...short. >.<)
Back to top Go down
Silvermoon

Silvermoon

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:01 pm

Slivermoon licked Silvermoon back and watched as she walked ahead of him. he padded after her i hope i can be i good father to the pups i'm not really sure how to be a father but as long as Slivermist believes in me i'm sure i can be a good father.

(i know its short but hopefully the last short post)
Back to top Go down
Silvermist
Silvermist

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:20 pm

-A while later-

Silvermist returned to the rabbit that she had left before. By now, the alarm call that the bird gave off should have died down, so the prey had probably returned. She glanced back behind her at her beloved mate, then lowered her head for the rabbit. She picked it up and turned to face Silvermoon.

"We should continue hunting before Shadowstar and Diesel make a fuss of us leaving," she said, humor in her eyes. She nuzzled Silvermoon briefly, then turned and bounded off.
Back to top Go down
Silvermoon

Silvermoon

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:58 pm

Silvermoon padded behind Slivermist, he watched as she picked up the rabbit and was drawn in to her beauty. the she moved looked so graceful as if each of her movements were planed out. She starting to look at him at so he shook his head so he could pay attention to what she was saying.

Silvermoon nodded in agreement "yeah i wouldn't want Shadowstar and Diesel to get mad at us for not bring about enough food.
Back to top Go down
Silvermist
Silvermist

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Silvermist crouched through the undergrowth and slid along as silently as a shadow, creeping up on her prey and bringing it down with ease. Soon she had caught a squirrel and another rabbit. She couldn't carry everything in her mouth, but she did the best she could.

"Have you caught anything yet, Silvermoon?" she asked as she dropped her catch in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Silvermoon

Silvermoon

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:30 pm

Silvermoon Stalked through the undergrowth seaching for prey that would be suitable to feed the pack soon was able to catch a two plump rabbits without much problem rabbit. he carried each one by the ears and dropped them next to him.

"yeah i was able to catch these two, this should be enough to feed everyone. are you ready to head back Silvermist?"
Back to top Go down
Silvermist
Silvermist

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:36 pm

Silvermist looked at the two rabbits Silvermoon had caught and smiled. "Thats good! At least now we don't have to worry about Diesel and Shadowstar chewing our tails off. Yeah, we should head back now, I think we have enough." She blinked grattitude towards him and turned to head back to camp, carrying her squirrel and two rabbits along also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting...   Hunting... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadows In The Light :: The Kenos Forest Pack :: Hunting Grounds-
Jump to: